Learning Difficulty in schools | Computer Science | World wide
Many of the symptoms classified as ADHD symptoms of inattention are actually symptoms of executive function impairments. Executive function refers to a wide range of central control processes in the brain that activate, integrate, and manage other brain functions.
The brain’s executive functions organize, activate, focus, integrate and direct, allowing the brain to perform both routine and creative work.
The components of executive functioning that impact school or work:
- working memory and recall (holding facts in mind while manipulating information; accessing facts stored in long-term memory)
- activation, arousal and effort (getting started; paying attention; completing work)
- emotion control (tolerating frustration; thinking before acting or speaking)
- internalizing language (using self-talk to control one’s behavior and direct future actions)
- complex problem solving (taking an issue apart, analyzing the pieces, reconstituting and organizing them into new ideas)
If you're serious about improving your CS skills then you need to read our tutor testimonials here
Our Top 3 Most Read Articles